Monday, January 25, 2010

Revlon New Complexion Foundation Review



Product Name Revlon New Complexion One Step Compact SPF 15
My skin type Normal
My experience with this type of product. I'm a bit of a project junkie when it comes to foundation. I'm always looking for the new latest and greatest. Even if I find a foundation I like, I buy the "shiny new one" the next time. I mean, what if it is better? I've tried several of the cream to powder style foundations. I like using cream to powder foundations from fall to spring. When worn over sun block in the summer, my skin seems too oily for this type of foundation.
What I look for in this product. I want a nice color and a medium coverage.
Who should use cream to powder foundation? These are best for slightly oily to slightly dry skin. If your skin is dry, it will highlight it's dryness. If your skin is oily, it will make it look oilier.
My rating: 5 sit and spins







What I like about it.
I love how this style of foundation tends to give you a dewy look. I like that you don't have to apply powder right away. You can add powder as you need it for touch ups. This color is really nice. Mine is 01, ivory beige. It errs on the yellow side, which is good. Being slightly too peach or slightly too pink is not flattering for most people's skin tones. The color my mother uses is also nice. Good packaging and applicator. This foundation has a proper sun screen, 4% titanium dioxide SPF 15. Titanium Dioxide is one of the 4 sunscreen ingredients that give you good UVA/UVB protection. This has a good medium coverage.
What I hate about it. There is not a very pale option if you are pale. This color is good for me, but slightly lighter might be better for my "pale of February" skin.
Would you buy this again?I actually think I will stick with this foundation.........ya know, unless I spy a shiny new kind.
Click here for more cream to powder foundation reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment