Friday, February 15, 2013

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Pacific Blue

This is Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Pacific Blue.  The Make-up Ally Nail Board picked their top 20 polishes in December and this one was on the list.  The color that won was a different brand, but the exact same color.  When they counted all the similar colors as one color, this color won.  Similar colors include Butter London Baker Street and Essie Butler Please.  My point being, this is the color of the moment and all the cool kids are wearing it.  :)  It looks especially chic on short nails.  It is a bit out of my comfort zone, but I like it.  The color applies a bit darker and brighter then in the bottle.  Xtreme wears slightly less then O.K. for me, 4 days (I get 6-7 with other polishes).  Sally Hansen Xtreme wear is $2.50 a bottle.  I'll add that this is the stinkiest polish I own.  It smells like nail polish mixed with sulfur (rotten egg smell).
I added Pure Ice Heartbreaker over the top.  Heartbreaker is green micro glitter in a sheer blue/green base.  One coat gave my polish subtle shimmer, two coats was perfect for my taste.  It gave Pacific Blue a sort of turquoise feel. My sad pictures do this pretty manicure no justice.   Heartbreaker is great layered over blue and green polish (and likely other colors too).  I'm not as totally enamored with this Pure Ice sheer overlay polish as I am with other Pure Ice sheer overlays (like Pure Ice Busted, which is one of my all time favorite polishes), but I still really like it.  It is definitely worth the 2$ price tag at Walmart.

No comments:

Post a Comment