Sunday, May 19, 2013

Zoya Stevie



The newest trend in nail polish is texture polish.  Zoya Stevie is my first textured polish.  Zoya calls their texture polishes Pixie Dusts.  They have a spring and summer collection, and I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't another Pixie Dust collection this fall.  The Zoya version of texture polish is sparkly.  Some other companies make texture polish without glitter.  I think Zoya nailed the texture look with polishes that resemble gum drops.  The polish itself dries matte with sugar like sparkles peaking out underneath. 

When you apply Pixie Dusts, Zoya suggests you don't use a top or base coat.  A top coat ruins the texture finish and make it look like a regular glitter polish.  Stevie took two coats.  I followed Zoya's instructions and let each coat dry 10 minutes in between coats.  Stevie wore well for me, I wore it 6 days with very minor chipping (the above pic was day 5 or 6).  Stevie sparkles even in low light.  I was surprised that I preferred the Pixie Dust texture in indoor light, because I expected the opposite.  The first day I applied Stevie, I liked it, but also thought it looked too thick in direct sunlight, like thick old nail polish in need of thinner.  It wasn't as thick as it looks in the picture below, but on that order.  I don't know if it dried more over time or if I just got used to it, but I didn't think it looked thick the following days.  Stevie looked like the above pic after the first day.  The feel of the texture is on the order of an orange peel. It isn't overly rough and doesn't get caught on things and isn't annoying.   I really like the Pixie Dust  texture, but probably don't need to buy tons of them. You can buy Zoya online at zoya.com, and at Ulta, Whole Foods, and some salons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment