Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Wet 'n Wild Spoiled Nail Polish from CVS

Wet 'n Wild has released a line of 72 colors called Spoiled that is sold exclusively at CVS.  I got mine on sale, but I believe these are about 2$ a bottle.  If you love metalic blues, you are in luck.  There are lots of them.  There are also several sparse, chunky glitters if that is your thing.  The most talked about thing with Spoiled polishes is the brush.  It is huge.  In the picture on the right, you can see the size of the Spoiled brush (yellow) vs. the Essie brush (lavender).   Most people seem to hate it.  I however am completely in love with this brush.  I've had polish on my nails almost continuously since the 5th grade.  This is the first brush ever in my entire lifetime that has allowed me paint inside the lines.  I'm positively thrilled with this brush.  I think the reason the giant brush works for my nails is a combination of the fact that my nails are very curved and my cuticles are curved.  At least this is what I think may be why I like it based on what I have read.  However, my litmus test for nail polish is how it wears.  I like to get 6 to 7 days out of a polish.  I only got 3-4 days with this polish, so I won't be getting more of this line.  Well, I may go back for a glitter, because most glitters wear well for me.  Click to see more Spoiled swatches on Nouveau Cheap.

The yellow color is Spoiled Mind Your Own Beeswax.  I bought this mainly for nail art purposes.  Yellow is just not my color.   In the pic above I used 4 coats.  That is pretty much par for the coarse for yellow polish.  A good plan for yellow polish is to do either a coat of ridge filler (milky color) or a coat of white before using yellow polish, so you don't need so many coats.  The brown color is Spoiled Pumping Gas with 2 coats.  I don't know what is on the thumb in the picture.  It wasn't there in real life.
 The smiley face nail art was done with a tooth pic for the eyes and a DIY nail art brush for the smile.  The smiley faces painted by my left (non dominant) hand looked deranged.  Here is the tutorial I used for how to do the smiley faces.





No comments:

Post a Comment