Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter Manicure, featuring "Bar Fight" Bunny

Happy Easter (in a few days).  For my Easter manicure I painted my nails in an array of pastels and then used a dotting tool to make dots.  I bought a set of dotting tools from Amazon, but I've read you can also find dotting tools on E-bay.  If you plan to make dots on a regular basis, dotting tools work much better then tooth pics or bobby pins, etc. 
These are the polishes I used.  This is more nail polish then you own?  The irony isn't lost on me.

I labeled the base polish colors that are still being sold.
The bunny smeared when I added the top coat.  I call her "Bar Fight" Bunny.  I roughly followed this video tutorial.  I used Essie Smooth Sailing as the base, Sally Hansen Insta Dry Whirlwind White, Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen in Light Pink, and a random black polish.
 For the chick, I painted my nails in Sally Hansen Insta Dry Whirlwind White.  Then I cut a piece of scotch tape in a jagged shape.  I applied it to the back of my hand to remove some of the sticky.  I applied the tape to my nail and painted with a two quick coats of Wet n Wild Spoiled Mind Your Own Beeswax.  Remove the tape immediately.  I used a dotting tool to add the eyes and nose.  Eyes are a random black polish and nose is Essie Meet Me at Sunset.  Have a great Easter and eat lots of chocolate!




2 comments:

  1. That was so very cool - and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weirdly enough, RCC posted with the exact same manicure. We must have been on the same wavelength that day. :)

    ReplyDelete