Monday, September 24, 2012

Sinful Colors Polar Opposites (Magentic Polish)

I finally bought some magnetic polish, and I found it at a reasonable price.  It is 5$ish at Target.  What lesson did we learn?  I learned that if you wait an almost a year, you can save 3$.  That's right, three whole dollars.  Anyway, I'm cheap (you may have guessed) so I did the first coat in Milani Ms. Milani (gray) so I didn't waste my cool new magnetic polish.  Then, I worked with one nail at a time.  I painted a coat of Polar Opposites and immediately held the magnet over the nail to make the design in the polish.  As you can see with the magnet ring (right) there is a little lip on one side.  Rest that against your finger and hold it as still as you can for about 10-15 seconds.  I'm doing this in the picture on the right.  When you do it, hold the magnet ring with your other hand.  I ran out of hands to hold the camera, so I held the ring with the same hand for the picture.  Some nail polish brand's magnets are not strong enough for a very curved nail.  My nail curves a lot from side to side, but this magnet was definitely strong enough.  Make sure when you buy a polish with a magnet ring on your bottle.  In my Target, many of the magnetic rings were missing.  Polar Opposites is a gray polish with aqua shimmer.  The magnet makes lighter design then the polish with this polish.  Some of the Sinful Color magnetic polishes make magnet designs darker then the polish.  In sunlight the overall look of this polish is blue due to the shimmer.  In indoor light it looks gray.  I'm very happy with this polish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment