Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Watermelon Nails


I did these a few weeks ago when it was still summer.  Every person who does nail art eventually has to do watermelon nails.  It's the law.  I started out with Wet 'n Wild French White Creme.  I applied French manicure guides to the fingers.  Then I sponged Wet 'n Wild Megalast Garden Hose (limited edition color) onto the thumb and tips of the nails with a make-up sponge. The next step was to use a dotting tool to make squiggly lines with Revlon Emerald City on the tips and thumb. I added a coat of Rimmel Speed Dating (very old red polish) to the bottom of the nails.  Then removed the French tip guides.  



Use a  dotting tool and Wet and Wild Black Creme to make the seeds.  Add a top coat to protect your nail art.  When I do this again, I will probably remove the french tip guided and then sponge the green on the tips so the top line is more diffused and less harsh.  Also, the lines on the thumbs should curve slightly inward at the tips and base of the nail to make more of a Watermelon shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment