Thursday, January 5, 2012

Failed Search for Dupes

A dupe (short for duplicate) is a color that is the same as a more expensive formula but costs the same or less.  I never get to search for dupes, because I don't buy colors that are similar if I can help it.  When my Aunt gave me some polishes, I had some similar colors.

Revlon Blackberry is close to OPI Bogotta Blackberry, but the OPI color is much more of a berry color.  Wet n Wild Through the Grapevine is darker and more purple then OPI My Auntie Drinks Chianti.  But, if you just want a color that is close, either of these cheaper versions could work.  As you can see, I just slopped nail polish on for the comparison.

If you have an expensive product (nail polish, eye shadow, lipstick, etc.) and would like a similar drugstore dupe, here is what I would recommend.  Do a Google search with the name of the product and you are interested in and the word dupe.  This should pull up some links with product recommendations (assuming the product actually has a dupe)

No comments:

Post a Comment