Thursday, January 12, 2012

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Compact Foundation Review




All good beauty bloggers know that the first thing you do when you bring make-up home is take a picture of your new pristine make-up for your blog.  I...am not a good beauty blogger.  There wasn't even a single speck left.  But I took a picture of the empty container.  That's better then nothing, right?  Sorta?  Maybe?

Product Name  Neutrogena Healthy Skin Compact Make-up in Classic Ivory 10
What my skin type:  Normal to slightly dry in the winter.  Products with lots of lotion-y type moisture (technical term) will sometimes make it act as if it were oily.
My experience with this type of product.   I’ve tried several types of foundation formulas and different drugstore foundations.  I’ve tried several cream to powder foundations specifically.
What I look for in this product.  I usually prefer cream to powder foundations for winter.  I like a medium to full coverage.  I want a drugstore foundation that matches my very pale, warm skin (NC10 A.K.A lightest color in the drugstore).
My rating:  3 sit and spins


  





What I like about it.  I love, love, love that neutrogena put their helioplex sunscreen in this product (SPF 55).  Helioplex is an excellent sunscreen with great UVB protection.  The color is also a nice match for me (NC10).  One note about sunscreen in make-up, you only get an SPF 55 if you use a 1/4 teaspoon on your face.  It is unlikely you will use that much, therefore you will not get the full SPF 55 protection from this foundation.  But, every little bit helps.

What I hate about it.  I don’t really hate anything.  I wish this had more coverage.  It applies unevenly and sorts of skips as you apply it.  It is somewhat difficult to blend.  Both of these improve if I use a primer first.  Although this is not a bad formula, it is one of the worst cream to powder foundation formulas I’ve tried.  For me, cream to powder foundation is like chocolate.  Even when it is bad, it is still good.

Would you buy this again?  Probably not.  But you never know, I might.

No comments:

Post a Comment