Monday, January 30, 2012

How to Remove Glitter Nail Polish

I figured since I posted about the glitter nail polish trend, I should tell you how to remove it.  Here is the cliff notes version.  You soak a piece of a cotton ball, or cotton pad (you can cut them in quarters) in nail polish remover.  Pure acetone works best for the most stubborn glitter, but regular polish remover that contains acetone usually works fine.  I just use the acetone containing remover.  Apply the cotton ball or similar directly to the nail.  Take a piece of aluminum foil that you have previously cut/torn into small pieces. Wrap the foil around the nail and cotton ball so it stays in close contact with the nail.  Leave it a few minutes.  I only leave it 3-5 minutes (I think, I haven't worn glitter in a while).  I've never had to leave it on the full 10 minutes.  I remove the foil.  Next, I press down on the cotton ball and twist side to side.  Then pull the cotton back while pressing down on the nail.  Most or all of the glitter  should be gone.
Here is a youtube video that shows you how to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment